Thursday, February 23, 2012

Buttons and a Sketch

Pin It

I have had this sentiment on my desk to use as it is perfect for the church cardmaking ministry...plus I love the font.  I wanted the full focus on the sentiment so when I saw that today's Splitcoast Ways to Use It challenge was buttons, I decided the buttons could simply be an interesting highlight for that sentiment.  I was struggling with how to do that so browsed other challenges and found a sketch from Pals Paper Arts.



  • Stamps: Sweet 'n Sassy Our Refuge, Polka Dot Silhouettes
  • Paper: Papertrey Ripe Avocado, Berry Sorbet
  • Ink: Papertrey Dark Chocolate, Berry Sorbet
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up Border Punch, Papertrey Ripe Avocado and Berry Sorbet Buttons, misc yellow buttons, Cuttlebug embossing folder

10 comments:

  1. Kim, this is so pretty! I really like the fun colors, the textures and all of the bright buttons. Looks fantastic with that sketch. :) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that SNS polka dot butterfly, as well as all the other elements in this perfectly lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so lovely Kim. I love the senrtiment and those adorable buttons! Kx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh those colours go so well together Kim and I love the butterfly, makes a change to see it in flight :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those buttons make you smile ... don't they! Perfect for that beautiful sentiment! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh! This is adorable! I love the butterfly and the row of buttons! Thanks for playing at Pals Paper Arts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a great job on this sketch! I love the Spring colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is adorable! Love what you did with the buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like that combo of berry sorbet and ripe avocado...what a great card with that row of buttons, and a bow on one of them - I will have to CASE this one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous colors and love all the buttons.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!