Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Awesome Blossom, Colors and Sketch

If you follow my blog, you know I am a huge challenge player.  I really need that starting point.  Typically I start with a need or stamp set and then go looking for sketches or colors to fit.  But this time, I started with the colors at The Play Date Cafe.  It's such a different combination that I typically use and I wanted the colors to be the star.

So...I have a new set from The Alley Way Stamps called Awesome Blossom - big blooms that I could splash across the card particularly given that I had this week's sketch at clean&simple in the back of my mind!!

Very Snazzy!



  • Stamps: The Alley Way Stamps Awesome Blossom, Mad Gab ("snazzy"), Christmas Magic ("very")
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Purely Pomegranate, Sahara Sand
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Purely Pomegranate, Sahara Sand, Old Olive, Midnight Muse
  • Accessories: Martha Stewart Trio of Butterflies, gems colored with Copics


15 comments:

  1. What fabulous colours Kim, love those 'splat flowers'! Have a great day on Saturday. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely "very snazzy" Kim! Love your colour choices! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nailed! I mean, what more can I say?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snazzy indeed. I hope you're on commission, Kim, because I can see I'm going to have to go get that stamp set - the blossoms are the perfect amount of 'messy' and look absolutely fantastic in those colours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I agree with Ardyth...you are totally selling me on that stamp set! You have used those stamps perfectly here! Thanks for playing along at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! You really let the colors shine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant card Kim, love the creativity on this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this Kim. Those splochy, snazzy flowers are wonderful. What a great take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kim, this card is so darling! The splatter images are perfect with these colors. Well done lady! Thanks for sharing all that creative goodness at The Play Date Cafe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love this! Such a fun design, love those flowers! So glad you could join us for this week's Play Date Cafe Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations, Kim, on another well-deserved win! This is such a standout!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations Kim~this is the coolest!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How fun! Those blooms are really cool and they look great in those colors. ann

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great take on the sketch-I'd love for you to link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/09/52-card-pickup-week-36.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. And very snazzy your card is too! Love the splat flowers. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!