Monday, October 15, 2012

You're a Lifesaver

I love challenges - have I said that before??

First I saw this week's Fall to Layout at clean&simple stamping.  It's my day to post over at The Alley Way Stamps blog and I had the new set Kid 'n Caboodle set out with its charming boat and the sentiment "You're a Lifesaver".  The layout is the perfect sea scene.



Then, just when I thought it couldn't get any better - Fab Friday came up with this color combo!


Here's how it came together...

You're a Lifesaver

I have so many people in my life who deserve this card!!

My cutting skills are not great - so I printed out the sketch on regular printer paper.  Luckily it printed out at 4 x 5 1/4" so I could cut it out and have my own template!

  • Stamps: The Alley Way Stamps Kid 'n Caboodle
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Midnight Muse CS and dsp, Island Indigo dsp, Summer Starfruit dsp
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Midnight Muse and Summer Starfruit, Memento black, copics
  • Accessories: crochet thread

18 comments:

  1. This is fabulous love the colours you have used. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barb said what I was thinking! LOL! "PERFECT"!!! Great idea to print the sketch out and use it as a template.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute...great paper and image...this one really pops! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun way to do waves, Kim! Perfect for this little boat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card! I love the pattern you formed with the paper!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic - I see a rolling, stormy sea - perfect for the card/sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job with these colors! Love your sweet boat and the cool way your angled your DSP. Thanks for sharing with us at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LoVe it! Great use of DP's and such a sweet boat!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so sweet and fun! I love what you did with the DSP to make your waves and that boat is darling. Thanks for playing along at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, Kimmie, your Lifesaver card is so adorable! And so pinned!! I'm still excited for your win!

    Have a wonderful week in the Back of Behind!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Clever and cute! Such a fresh design. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card is so adorable. The colors and sentiment is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your sea of papers and little boat are fab Kim. Lovely colour combo too. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tis is great fun Kim, I love the little sail boat on the sea of stormy patterned waters!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am in love with the boat! Paired with the colors it looks so pretty! Thanks so much for joining us at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So glad you could play with us at Fab Friday. Your card is super adorable! You make the colors sing....

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the way the paper looks like waves! Very clever!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!