Monday, March 25, 2013

Avery Elle Monthly Challenge

The challenge this month at Avery Elle is a wonderful misty ocean photo.  It reminds me so much of some of our favorite vacations on the Outer Banks of North Carolina.  One of the best was for my husband's "big" birthday - we had a gorgeous house right on the beach and had all of his family together.  My sons brought friends so they were 100% occupied and I just got to recline on the beach and relax.  It's the same kind of beach as is in the inspiration photo - it's not bright, colorful and sunny.  It's misty and wonderfully relaxing!  I thought I would prepare ahead for our next anniversary and make a "love you" card that is reminiscent of that beach!

Always Will Love You


  • Stamps: Avery Elle Ikat, Lots of Love
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Baja Breeze, Sahara Sand
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Marina Mist, Baja Breeze, Sahara Sand
  • Accessories: Timeless Twine Krazy for Kraft, SU star brad


17 comments:

  1. Perfect take on the photo Kim...love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous...love that background stamping!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning. I am afraid, very afraid, to go look at those Avery Elle stamps.....I might have a long wish list if I do! Love the Ikat and that sentiment is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. L.O.V.E.! this card! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colours on this and the big brad. A super card Kim. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, perfect for the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes, this certainly captures the lazy hazy beach scene, Kim ... just gorgeous! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sooo gorgeous! Perfect colors and sentiment, and what a cool brad!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kim, just beautiful. I love those colors and that design...fabulous card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kim....I am speechless....this is just the most PERFECT card made from this inspiration photo.....I've pinned it! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh, this is fabulous! You've captured it so well, and I love the composition of your card. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aaaah! What beautiful colors and design! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love how you've used the colours Kim, the ikat border is perfect for this photo :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kim- Who knew Ikat and Lots of Love would work so well together? This is so beautiful. I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!