Sunday, July 28, 2013

Pantone Colors on Rockwell Designs: Nectarine

The latest color that is highlighted on Rockwell Designs as a Pantone Spring Fashion 2013 color is nectarine!  I thought it bore a remarkable resemblance to the new Stampin' Up Color Crisp Cantaloupe. Hmmm...nectarines and cantaloupe!!

But instead of going fruity, I decided to use feathers.  There are so many lovely feather sets out there and it's such a gorgeous look.  I went with the Clearly Besotted set Fancy Feathers. (FYI: in the U.S. Clearly Besotted is available at Simon Says Stamp.)  I hesitated to use this set mostly because I was inspired to get it based on two cards from one of my favorite designers: here and here.  Kara's cards are truly stunning and I knew nothing that I made would quite measure up.  It doesn't...but I'm still happy with it...it's hard to go wrong with these graceful feathers!!

Birthdays are Feathers 1

(FYI: I took the wrapper off of the ink for this card and discovered
that the cantaloupe paper is more nectarine-ish than the ink is!
I hate it when that happens!)

  • Stamps: Clearly Besotted Fancy Feathers
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Smoky Slate
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Smoky Slate and Crisp Cantaloupe
  • Accessories: Clearly Besotted Fancy Feather dies, Avery Elle Citrus Blend sequins, Divine Twine Oyster Twine

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Kim. I love the feathers and those sequins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, those feathers are "graceful" and so is your card! Peaceful and very pretty.

    I'm so happy you played along again Kim!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card ~ love the feathers and the cantaloupe / nectarine with the smoky slate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so wispy and divine Kim!! Everything is just perfectly placed, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Kara's feather cards too! You made a gorgeous card as well love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the pairing of the color against the grey - so very elegant

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kim
    Fabulous card..., must use my feather stamps... Stunning card....
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this quote and the feathers in Cantaloupe! You're convincing me that I need to look for some sequins!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty card! I really like that sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmmm ... delightful! So fresh & summery! Must go and search for my sequins! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!