Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Rockwell Designs: Pantone Color Challenge

Jackie Rockwell of Rockwell Designs and founder of such fabulous challenges as Muse, CAS(E) this Sketch! and Fusion - is now running a fun little challenge on her blog - to use the Spring 2013 Pantone Fashion Colors.  She is using them one at a time (and in a fun little twist, she changes her blog header to match the current color!)

She's offering up a prize too - a free blog header!  If you haven't seen her work - just look at my blog - she designed it and I absolutely love it!

I also want you to make sure you still have Rockwell Designs in your blog reader.  It's been the perfect storm for Jackie - she was changing blogs about the same time we were all moving off of Google Reader and it seems that a whole lot of people lost her blog in the mess.

The current challenge is Tender Shoots (Jackie has samples on her blog).  I found it a little difficult to match (partly because my PC shows it as an entirely different color as my iPad shows it).  I picked Papertrey Ink's Limeade Ice, although I think it's yellower than Tender Shoots.

Bless You


I did start out in a different direction - I've never worked with Limeade Ice except in small doses so my first card kept it minimal. I like this card a lot but I decided I challenge myself to really showcase the color.

Sending Happy THoughts

This cards uses the new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.

Bless You
  • Stamps: My Favorite Things Cheerful Blessings
  • Paper: Papertrey Ink Limeade Ice, Stampin' Up Smoky Slate
  • Ink: Memento Gray
  • Accessories: Memory Box Lorelai Outline Leaf, MFT Fishtail dies, Papertrey Ink Soft Stone button
Sending Happy Thoughts
  • Stamps: WPlus9 Strictly Sentiments 2, Hero Arts tweed background
  • Paper: Papertrey Ink Limeade Ice, Stampin' Up Smoky Slate
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Smoky Slate, WPlus9 white
  • Accessories: Memory Box Dragonfly die, Taylored Expressions birch tree, misc clear sequins


16 comments:

  1. 2 Fabulous cards using the required color Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Kim, both cards are CAS beauties! What a great idea to use the green as an accent in one card and the primary color in the other. Same color scheme but a totally different look.

    I'm so glad you decided to join me as I challenge myself to use all 10 of the Spring Pantone colors. Thanks so much for your very kind words too!

    Hugs,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are absolutely gorgeous! Love that font on the "bless you" card, and well, everything about it. Your second card is beautiful as well. The birch trees add so much interest, and I love the chevrons and sweet little dragonfly. Amazing. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty cards Kim! I like the way the leaves lift off the first card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Real stunners, both of them!!!
    Love the boldness of the first card, the depth you created by leaving the diecut in the paper, the vibrant colour in combination with the small white accents!
    As for your second card.... well that one is very elegant and I love, love the layout of this one with the ( translucent?) sequins and diecut for depth!!
    Perfect!
    You even managed to tuck in some satin ribbon!!! Tres Chic!!! :-)
    Bye,

    Marjolein

    ps. Sorry for this overload of words, just couldn't help myself looking at these very inspirational cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE that leaf card! Simply gorgeous and that border on the side of the second is fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Kim these are gorgeous! I love how you made the color the focus of the first card and in the second gave us a more subtle version.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love what you've done with the dies on both of these beauties, Kim! couldn't pick a favorite...they both have such unique and lovely qualities!

    ReplyDelete
  9. perfect use of color in each design

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards and love the green, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two more beautiful cards. These cards have such a peaceful beauty to them, which I wouldn't typically associate with this green.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love both of these, especially the woodgrain peeking out from behind the leaves on the first and the beautiful birch trees on the second. Oh, and those glittered dragonfly wings!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love them both, Kims! Your card for FMS is really spectacular! Congratulations on the shoutout for it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!