Friday, October 11, 2013

Sweet Stamp Shop: Starts Here with Triangle Style

When Judy Marino from Judy's Card Corner asked if she could interview me for the Sweet Stamp Shop blog, I immediately said "yes"!  Judy is a lovely lady who always leaves the nicest comments. Her blog is a great one to view...she has a simple style, and she loves color!!  You'll have to check out the links to read the interview!

I've also been intrigued by stamps that I had seen by the Sweet Stamp Shop.  Among others, the set Easily Distracted is calling my name.  Do you remember the silly scene in the Disney movie where the dog keeps getting distracted by a squirrel?  For a year, my kids would suddenly look to the side, yell "Squirrel?!" and then stay completely still.  In fact, my son's 80-member 6th grade "men's" choir did it during a song and brought the house down.  Sweet Stamp Shop has an entire set that includes a sentiment that says "sorry, I'm easily distracted" and a variety of main words "Squirrel?!!", "Sale?!!", "Cupcake?!!", "Glitter?!!" and more.  I LOVE it!!!

I guess I shouldn't have told that entire story - because I don't have that set.......yet!  But I do have a fun set of words that includes fun graphic words like "totally" and "awesome" and I have a great triangle set! This first card uses the word set, Starts Here, arranged in a way to tell somebody they did an awesome job!

Totally Awesome


This card combines a couple of triangles from Triangle Style with another word from Starts Here.  This card was inspired by the mountains that I see to the west every day!  The day that I made this, it was crystal clear and I could see the layers of foothills to hills to smaller mountains to the snow-covered peaks - so I put two triangles together to create the look of these mountains.  The "epic" is for anybody who has reached a peak (literally or figuratively!)

Epic


I decided to make one more card because I really hadn't shown off the triangles.  Plus I realized that these three words could be arranged in a triangle shape!

Wow Amazing Awesome


(There are some little arrows in these sets too.  I love Maureen's card using these same sets plus the little arrows.  I love her random look although I'm sure it was carefully planned!!!)

  • Stamps: Sweet Stamp Shop Starts Here, Triangle Style
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Smokey Slate, Cool Cabana, black and white, MME Adorbs 6x6 pad
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Basic Gray, Smoky Slate, Cool Cabana, Strawberry Slush, Island Indigo, Night of Navy, Papertrey Limeade Ice, Copics
  • Accessories: MME Adorbs enamel dots, Doodlebug black enamel dots, Lil' Inkers stitched rectangles

18 comments:

  1. These are incredible, Kim! Amazing what you do with stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim! WOW! I adore all three cards...you do work magic with stamps, and I'm thrilled to see how you used the Sweet Stamp Shop sets...SO inspiring! Thank you for your kind words and for allowing me to spotlight you...you are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE all of these! So clean and so perfectly done in your incredible style! Off to read your interview!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think these are super! I think my favourite is the Epic card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just came from Judy's blog! Love how she CASED your card there, and I love what you've done here. These three cards really do showcase this stamp set. And what you've done with the stamps is just wonderful. Wonderful. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  6. Actually you always create epic cards;) I love every single one with sweet n bright colors

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun set and I love that the sentiments on your cards describe how I feel about them....totally awesome, wow, amazing....you get the idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards are awesome, Kim! You are amazing!!!!
    I really appreciate that you visiting my blog. It means so much to me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how graphic and bold these are Kim! They really caught my eye. Love the idea of the "epic" peak. You are clever:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. These cards are amazing Kim, so graphic and perfect! The colors in the first really pop for me. I love how you cut out the "Totally" and the scattering of the enamel dots, sigh. Well, it's just fabulous!
    Thanks for the shout out too and the placement of images was most definitely not random ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kim, your cards are just pure eye candy. I love everything about them especially the CAS layouts and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all of your cards, Kim! So graphic and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I remember this card! Looks great finished. That first one has just the right combination of elements. I struggle with that. It's a fine line between making a mess and making it art! Great post

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are all terrific Kim!! My husband and I still do the silly squirrel thing now and again, Max is pretty crazy about them!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A trio of terrific here, Kim! You work such magic with images, colours, patterns, layouts. Beautiful, inspiring - your creativity is SUCH a gift! Thank you again for sharing. Off to read the interview; it will be grand!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous trio of cards Kim...love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am madly in love with all of these! That first one just made me freeze and be wowified. I even had to make up a word for what you did to me! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations on being featured, Kims! It was a great interview and, of course, your cards showcasing the products are impeccable. It is so wonderful and such a tribute to you that you have a recognizable style that is the envy of many of us in this community!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!