Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Curtain Call: My Secret Admirer

Stacey Schafer, the founder and director of the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge does such a great job at building friendships among her design team members and keeping us all enthused.  Lately, we have been doing swaps!  We've had Secret Santas and Secret Admirers...and there's a Spring Fever swap coming up soon.

We're in the middle of our Secret Admirer swap and I was thrilled to find out that my "Secret Admirer" was Gayatri Murali. She is so amazing - she has cards on the covers of magazines and big names in the business becoming her fans.  I love her work. Every card she makes has some special touch - not a complicated touch - just something  unique that makes you go "wow".  If she isn't on your blog list yet - add her now!!

This is the package of goodies that she sent to me (all the way from Australia!)

003 ed

So where do I even start with all of these goodies??

Also she sent a card...this is Gayatri's card - NOT mine, but I get to show it off anyway!

Gayatri card

First, I decided to show off the stamp set.  It's Clearly Besotted Post It: Love.  The stamp and cancellation images are separate and then there are a number of images and sentiments that fit inside.  She also sent me the twine, the hearts and the dsp which is Pink Paislee's Secret Crush - you'll see it on all of my cards.  I added the "love you" which is from Simon Says Stamps.

Secret Admirer 2

Then I decided one of the die cuts was calling my name - a tandem bike!!  Then for reasons that I can't recall at this point, I decided to individually glue the itty-bitty stars.

Secret Admirer 3

Finally, I had to use a heart.  She sent me a number of card fronts already cut with this patterned heart.  The stamp is also from the Clearly Besotted set - and the sequins also came in my package!

Secret Admirer 1

Aren't I lucky??

If you want to see what everybody got and what they did with it - Curtain Call will have a post on Valentine's Day to show off all of our cards!

17 comments:

  1. OMG! You made so many cards, Kim! I love each and every one of them. You are so talented.
    I am a blushing right now after reading your lovely words about me. You are sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a brilliant idea! Love all the cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty cards Kim!! Love them all, the bike with the sprinkled stars is so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH WOW, what an AMAZING gift and what AWESOME cards you've made with all of the goodies in it - seriously, I am so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! So much LOVE there! Pretty pink and red colors... love the embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh WoW!!! I wish I had a secret admirer like you!!! Her card rocks!
    But you're just as special as she is!!! I think your cards are always amazing!!!
    Such a joy visiting your blog (almost) every day!!!
    Great inspiration and great blogposts, love your sense of humour!
    Bye,

    Marjolein

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh WoW!!! I wish I had a secret admirer like you!!! Her card rocks!
    But you're just as special as she is!!! I think your cards are always amazing!!!
    Such a joy visiting your blog (almost) every day!!!
    Great inspiration and great blogposts, love your sense of humour!
    Bye,

    Marjolein

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun and beautiful gift! Love all these gorgeous cards. Love all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How nice Kim! Love all the cards you made with your goodies

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes you are lucky.....and oh so talented too! Loved this post.....fun goodies.....and you created wonderful cards with them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the sweet goodies from Gayatri! And the cards are all incredible!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, yeah, you are SOOOO lucky! But so is anyone who shares a Design Team position with you and all of us who see your creations! You did a magnificent job with all the unbelievable goodies Gayatri sent you! Your cards are so pretty, Kims!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful cards. Yes you are lucky! I'm off to check out Gayatri's site. TFS, Jess

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice swag!!! How cool is that stash?! And your cards...they are just delicious! Each one is simply gorgeous, Kim. Love what you've done with your goodies. Amazing!! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow - wonderful gifts and a most wonderful showcase of what you created from it! A gallery of gorgeous...
    c

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wowzers! What a fabulous pile of goodies!!! And I LOVE all three of the cards you made with them!!! So many fun details!! And btw...adhering all of those individual stars was totally worth it---AWESOME creation!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!