Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Freshly Made Sketches: God of Hope

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches! Today we have a sketch by the fabulous Amy O'Neill.


I have an unused border die that has been calling my name.  It's a full 5 1/2" border and I didn't want to lose of any it - so I clipped it and layered it into the smaller panel on this sketch. Then to honor the sketch, I added some fields of snow. I so love working with sketches, they provide so much inspiration!

God of Hope STWH FMS

You can see the layering a little better here. I want to be in that church, in that snow-covered little town, with fireplaces warming each house on Christmas Eve! 

God of Hope Close

I hope to see you playing along.  The sketch is fabulous - with very interesting layers and lots of flexibility.  Enjoy!!

SUPPLY LIST


12 comments:

  1. I love what you did with this border die! Such a beautiful card! The white with the bits of gold is so elegant! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever and gorgeous layering! Just love the white/white combo with that little touch of gold.
    And your really honour the sketch.
    Your card is inspirational too! Thanks for sharing and the inspiration, got to give this way of layering a try as well, love the look of it!
    Bye,

    Marjolein

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loooove how you layers that die. Great way to fit it onto a smaller panel. Beautiful in the gold and white.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've created a gorgeous scene, Kim...I'll join you at church, in this gorgeous little town, with the fireplaces aglow, warming the homes...
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the white and gold and what a fabulous die!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Kim, the white and gold are so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful Christmas card. I love how you layered the city scene. And doing the whole card in white and gold makes it look so serene and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a gorgeous card Kim - super elegant and classy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card, Kim! I love all of that white with the touches of gold. And the border die is perfect for this sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card,Kim!! I love...love the gold and white and the scene you've created with the pretty sentiment!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my! This is just the most beautiful card! I love the gold and white together and that sweet little scene with that little church is just too perfect! Love that sentiment as well! How comforting!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!