Friday, September 30, 2016

Share Joy: Get Well Soup-er Soon

My oldest is a freshman in college and he's doing quite well - except that right at the moment, he's sick.  And he's sick without me around to take care of him!  I laugh but at the same time, I know that's when the reality of being on their own really hits these kids who are trying so hard to be adults.

I wanted to get a card out to him right away.  Even though I can't be there, I'm still thinking of him! As I paged through my stash of "get well" supplies, I realized I have very little appropriate for a a guy.  I did run across this set by Taylored Expressions called Souper Soon which I realized was perfect.  I actually sent him off to college with a stash of Campbell's Chicken and Stars singles - the kind that you microwave and drink right out of the can.  Since he was young, that's what he's wanted when he was sick!

I then realized that it all worked perfectly with the current Share Joy Challenge as I could put the can and the sentiment on the small panel.


I followed the sketch.  I also tried to play tic-tac-toe.  I got the stripes and the twine.  I had a cute little tag with a heart that I was planning to use - but you might see the problem in that sentence - "cute" would not work for my 6'5", 200 lb+ guy.

TE Share Joy Souper Soon Can


I'm guessing he'll be feeling better before he gets this. (I wish I had the healthcare that they have on college campuses - he good some good medicine!)  But I can still picture him smiling and rolling his eyes!

SUPPLY LIST


2 comments:

  1. Perfect colors and patterns for the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soup-er sweet, Kim! As for the eye-balling rolling...just a guy's way of saying he likes it! Hope he's feeling better!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!