Monday, October 2, 2017

TE Release Day 1: O Christmas Tree

It's the first day of sneak peeks for the October release from Taylored Expressions!  It's time to start thinking Christmas and we have so many fun products to help you with your Christmas list!  Everything you see in the next four days of sneak peeks will be available on Thursday, October 5th. Be sure to check out each of the creative team members' blogs for all of the sneak peeks - starting with the Taylored Expressions blog.

I named this post "O Christmas Tree" because I have two very different styles of Christmas tree products to show you.  First, here's a shaker tree which is so easy to make with the new Christmas Tree Shaker dies.

TE Christmas Tree Shaker

With the shaker dies - you use the larger size to cut the base and the acrylic piece.  Then you use the larger piece with the inner piece to cut the frames.  (A little tip on these shaker dies.  Do you know those metal tabs that keep the dies together and you have to trim apart to use them?  I know that I typically trim those off.  But in these shaker dies - don't do that.  It makes it very easy to line up the inner piece with the larger piece.)

In total, this card measures 4 1/4" x 4 1/4", but I cut it a bit smaller horizontally so the tree could stick out - simply to add some fun.  Then I got really carried away - here's how the card opens:

Christmas Tree Shaker CloseUp

To do this I cut 3/8" off the right and adhered a strip of paper on the inside so it shows through. Then I used the larger tree die to cut a piece out of the front of the card.  As long as I glued the finished shaker right in that same spot - the card still opens!!

The presents are from the previously released All Wrapped Up die set.  The sentiment is new.  It's from the new Santa & Friends which other team members are sneak peeking more completely.  I so love that sentiment that I had to use it.

This release also includes two sets that help you decorate your envelopes.  I have to admit that I don't do enough of that and I don't know why.  I work so hard on the cards on the inside, I should "wrap" them better in a beautiful envelope.  I used Merry Mail 1 to create a coordinating envelope for this card.  The envelope is from the Multi-Color Pack

TE Merry Mail 1

For a limited time, earn DOUBLE CRAFTY POINTS on our Merry Mail 1 and Merry Mail 2 stamp sets! If you're not a Crafty Points member, it's free and easy to join. Just create an account at the TE webstore and you're automatically enrolled to begin earning crafty points with every purchase. You'll earn 34 Crafty Points EACH on the purchase of our Merry Mail 1 and Merry Mail 2 stamp sets! Offer valid on qualifying purchases made between 9am CST on Thursday, October 5, 2017 and 11:59 pm CST on Sunday, October 8, 2017 and only while supplies last. Crafty Points are only available on purchases made via our retail site: www.tayloredexpressions.com.


Here's the supply list for this card and be sure to keep reading for a chance at prizes and for another sneak peek.

SUPPLY LIST


Now I have a different type of Christmas tree using the Block Party - Christmas Trees which simply cuts a row of trees across the card - but is made extra special by the trees in the Spirit of Christmas stamp set that are sized to fit these trees.

TE Block Party - Christmas Tree

This is such a quick and easy card and so easy to mass produce.  I simply gold embossed the tree and the sentiment and added a shiny star.  I also wanted to try a red version.

TE Block Party - Christmas Tree

I used different trees and I had planned on using different sentiments from the set but I liked the way this one wrapped around the star.  Did you notice the star??  It's cut from the new Gold Foil Cardstock (it also comes in silver).  I used the star from Christmas Tree Stacklets which is the die set that matches all the different sizes of trees in Spirit of Christmas.

Be sure to visit the Taylored Expressions blog because there's a chance at prizes just for leaving a comment!!  Then come back and visit all of us tomorrow.  My cards are at both ends of the spectrum - another quick and easy card with using a snowflake background - and I have a very detailed nativity card.

SUPPLY LIST

5 comments:

  1. Kim these are fantastic! I really love how you used the shaker on your first card and offset it off the side of the card with the cut out open flap. That's brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the fun shaker tree and the way you've let it flow off the edge of your card! This is festive and cute Kim. The others are CAS modern funky fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic sample projects, Kim! Love the new stamp sets for decorating envelopes!!!! And I didn’t know TE sold envelopes, so I’m definitely going to need to get some of those!!! And those Block Party Trees with the coordinating stamps— LOVE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my oh my oh my! These are spectacular! The shaker is delightful and the two versions of the Christmas trees, absolutely gorgeous! In awe yet again...
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the simplicity! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!